Is there any Yoga for flexibility? Does yoga provide Flexibility? Or we need to be already flexible before to do it? If you are also looking for the answers to these types of the question then, welcome to menhealthblogs.com.
Through this platform, I share knowledge regarding Male Health Topics. If you have any queries you can contact me here. But for now, let’s go back to the topic- Yoga for flexibility.
Quickly Understand what yoga is?
“Yoga” is not just a form of exercise but it is much more than that. Also it means disciplined living, feeling, and controlling your breath, meditation, and connect your energy to the whole universe.
It is a gateway to achieve divine in human life. It provides calmness, tolerance, endurance, mental toughness, and stability in life.
Going further, there are categories of yoga comprises of different asanas such as standing asana, sitting asana, etc.
There is also yoga for fat loss, yoga for weight gain, yoga for back pain, etc. Tell me which you do want to read about in the comments section.
Read Also: 7 Daily habits that Affect Eyesight
Why is flexibility so important?
Flexibility is the core component of physical fitness. It is important for our body as it results in better movements of body parts. The flexibility of a body reduces the extent of injuries that may occur due to exercises.
Stretching exercises contribute to an increase in the flexibility of the body. Practicing these exercises reduces the stress in the muscles, relax the body and mind as well.
If you guys want to experience the importance and the level of relaxation due to flexibility, then surely move to the next section of this article.
Read Also: 5 Crazy Myths about Yoga
Here are 5 different yoga for flexibility
Actually, there are more than just 5 yoga practices to gain and increase flexibility. But I have chosen the best 5 from it, which you can perform easily at your place.
Also I will suggest some other yoga for the same in the last, so stick to it.
Urdhavmukhasana ( Upward facing dog)
This is among one of the best yoga poses for upper body stretch. Practicing this will stretch your abdomen and chest.
This yoga comes in back bending postures. It stretches the different part of the body that helps in relieving fatigue.
How to do Urdhavmukhasana:
1. lie down on your belly.
2. Arms stretched down to the length, feets joined and soles should be facing upwards.
3. Now bend your elbow and near the lowest rib, spread up your palm.
4. As you inhale, put pressure on your palm and try to lift your upper body, hips, and knees.
5. Hold your position.
6. Exhale while coming back to normal position.
Benefits of Urdhavmukhasana:
Provide strength to spine, wrists and arms.
Make buttocks firm.
Beneficial in Asthama.
Also relieves depression, stress, and fatigue.
Read Also: How man Push-Ups a Day?
AdhoMukhaSvanasna (Downward Facing Dog)
Adho mukha svanasana is followed by Urdhav Mukha Svanasana. It can be performed by a beginner also. Also, It is so beneficial that everyone should practice it daily as a daily habit.
It is the second-best asana for flexibility and mobility in the body.
How to do Adhomukhasvanasana (Downward Facing Dog):
1. Make a posture similar to the table. Your back would be the tabletop and hands and legs would be the four support of the table. You have to come onto your fours.
2. As you inhale curl your feet, and push your body back while lifting the hips upward to achieve an inverted V position.
3. Now look towards the navel, rotate you inner thighs and widen your collarbones.
4. Hold the position and take some breath.
5. Exhale while coming back to the original position.
Benefits of Adhomukhasvanasana
It promotes the flexibility of the body.
Stretches hands and legs.
Energizes the body
Increase blood circulation in the body especially to the brain
Give muscles a proper shape.
Paschimottanasana (Seated Forward Bend)
Paschimottanasan falls in the category of sitting yoga. Also it is one of the most basic yoga that every beginner can practice. It is also known as seated forward bend in the English language.
It is also known best for increasing flexibility.
How to do paschimottansana:
1. Sit on your yoga mat or floor with legs stretched outwards. No gap between the legs.
2. Now as bend forward from the hips and slide your hands to your feet. If you can’t manage to reach the feet, hold the toes with your finger, and bend forward.
3. Now relax your back muscles and breathe. Hold the position for a few breaths. Feel the tension going away from your muscles.
4. Come back to the original position.
Benefits of Paschimottansan:
Increases flexibility in hip joints.
Increase blood circulation.
Also relieves depression, stress and anxiety.
Relax your mind and body.
Padangusthanasana (Big toe pose):
This yoga is known for its several health benefits among which one is the flexibility of the overall body. This yoga pose involves stretching of several muscles in the body which is why it is placed in position number 4.
How to do Padangusthanasana:
1. Stand straight with you feet 6 inches apart.
2. Contract your thigh muscles to uplift your knee caps. Legs should remain straight.
3. Exhale and bend forward in order to touch your forehead to knee.
4. Hold the big toes with your fingers of respective hands.
5. Hold the position for 2-3 breaths.
6. Inhale while coming back to normal position.
Benefits of Padangusthanasana:
Relieves stress and pain in the muscles.
Stretches the whole body.
Increases blood circulation.
Trikonasana (Triangle pose):
In this pose, the body takes the shape of a triangle. This yoga involves stretching of core and arms. Also it has several benefits of doing trikonasana.
How to do Trikonasana:
1. Stand straight. Legs wide apart as much as you can comfortably.
2. Pull out your hands side by sire parallel to the ground.
3. As you exhale, bend towards the right and slide your right hand to on your right leg and go down as one can. Look upwards.
4. Hold the position for 2-3 breaths.
5. Inhale as you back to original position. Now repeat the same with left side.
Benefits of Trikonasana:
Stretches several joints in body including hip joint, hamstrings, calves, shoulders, etc.
Reduces stress and relaxes the body.
Treat neck pain.
Helps In acidity and indigestion.
Thanks for Reading. Be Healthy and Be Strong.